Residential property Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant
Our client’s residential property team in Stockton on Tees is looking to recruit a Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant due to expansion The successful candidate would be joining a supportive and collegiate team which prides itself upon its ability to deliver a tailored service to all of its clients.
You will provide full support to a Conveyancer, handling a mixed caseload of residential sales, purchases and remortgages. This could be full time or part time but minimum 4 days per week if part time.
Duties will include:
• Providing administrative support to one or more solicitors/fee earners
• Opening files on practice management system
• Undertaking Solicitors Regulation Authority checks on law firms
• Photocopying and scanning
• Corresponding with clients and/or other law firms by e-mail, letter or telephone
• Ordering property searches
• Dealing with clients face to face and via telephone
• Producing and amending legal documents
• Applying to Land Registry with applications for registration following completion
• Scheduling completed documents and forwarding these to client
• Closing and archiving files, updating computer systems and dealing with any outstanding balances
• Dealing with requisitions raised by HM Land Registry
• Carrying out ID checks and Money Laundering checks on clients
• Pursuing Initial Client Documentation
• Dealing with LMS and Lender Exchange systems to update cases
• Typing dictation
• Preparing bills and Completion Statements and setting up completions in liaison with Accounts Department
• Abating and re-issuing bills
You will need:
• A minimum of 12 months experience as a Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant;
• Good understanding of the conveyancing process including use of lender portal,
• Accurate typing skills and use of IT;
• Good communication skills both verbally and in writing, with a friendly professional
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, prioritise;
• Experience of case management system would be advantageous;
• A proactive approach to work, setting own deadlines, updating clients and contacts;
Competitive salary and benefits package including; bonus scheme, contributory pension, hybrid working, life insurance, 25 days holidays and holiday purchase scheme.
Fantastic progression opportunities and a great place to work – they pride themselves on their work/life balance, client care etc.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.