Criminal Solicitor required for Huddersfield and Halifax offices
Large but expanding Yorkshire law firm require an additional Criminal Solicitor for to be based in both their Huddersfield and Halifax offices, due to expansion.
You will work alongside more senior Criminal Fee Earners handling a caseload of the full range of criminal matters. It is a great development opportunity for an ambitious junior solicitor, preferably with 12+ months’ criminal law experience either pre or post qualification.
The role will involve preparing and conducting cases in the Magistrates Court, the Crown Court as well as PACE interviews on occasion. They only accept private paying instructions and so there is no Legal Aid work. As such there is no requirement for regular out of hours police station attendance or court work although some out of business hours work may be required albeit on an infrequent basis.
Training will also be given on conducting hearings in the Magistrates Court and the applicant must again be willing to develop this experience.
The department also deals with general commercial regulatory work and the applicant will gain experience and develop expertise in these areas, as well as some intellectual property work and sports law. This is with a view to running such matters without supervision in the future.
This role will involve working with high quality clients with a varied case load. Recent clients include several high-profile athletes and sports organisations. Our team is expanding rapidly. We are a friendly, proactive team who wish to invest in the successful applicant to become a long-term member of this close-knit team.
You will need:
• To be a qualified NQ Solicitor with at least 12 months experience handling a caseload of the full range of criminal law matters.
• Own transport – you will also be required to attend their other offices in Yorkshire, be able to travel to court and to client meetings at client premises.
• Excellent client care skills, organised and methodical.
• Good business development skills and strong IT skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently to ensure deadlines are met.
• To be a team player.
Competitive salary and benefits package. They provide a supportive environment for career development, offering exciting challenges and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.