Legal 500 rated Yorkshire law firm require an additional Conveyancing Assistant to join their busy team based in Huddersfield.
Legal 500 rated Yorkshire law firm require an additional Conveyancing Assistant to join their busy team based in Huddersfield. You will provide 1-2-1 support to a busy Conveyancing Fee Earner handling the full range of conveyancing matters.
Duties will include:
• Opening and closing files;
• Updating and costing of client files;
• Providing excellent client care – taking phone calls, making appointments, attending upon clients, carrying out due diligence checks to assist the fee earner;
• Dealing with exchange of contracts;
• Liaising with estate agents and solicitors and providing updates;
• Post completion formalities – submission of SDLT forms, Land Registry applications;
• Administer post and filing;
• Produce letters, emails to clients either through use of digital dictation or as
delegated by fee earner;
You will need:
• A minimum of 12 months experience as a Conveyancing Assistant/Paralegal;
• Good understanding of the conveyancing process including use of lender portal,
• Accurate typing skills and use of IT;
• Good communication skills both verbally and in writing, with a friendly professional
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, prioritise;
• Experience of case management system would be advantageous;
• A proactive approach to work, setting own deadlines, updating clients and contacts;
Competitive salary and benefits package, including 23 days holidays plus bank holidays and extra days over the Christmas period, pension, bonus scheme, flexible working. Standard office hours are Monday – Friday 8.45am to 5.15pm.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.