Experienced Employment Solicitor to head up the department
Well-established law firm seeks an experienced Employment Solicitor to Head up the Department, based in Newcastle or Stockton on Tees. This is an exciting new opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Employment Solicitor seeking a new challenge. You will handle a quality caseload of the full range of Employment Law matters as well as manage a small team. There is an existing caseload which covers all aspects of employment law, both contentious non-contentious matters. The work will be varied and will include:
• Dismissals and resignations including unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal claims
• Pursuing and defending discrimination claims
• Protected disclosures/whistleblowing
• Holiday and working time queries
• Settlement agreements
• Employment tribunal representation
• Drafting contracts of employment, contracts of service, policies and procedures
• Conducting internal disciplinary and grievance proceedings
You will need:
– Ideally at least 5 years experience, handling the full range of employment law matters; contentious and non-contentious.
– Management/supervisory experience would be advantageous.
– Excellent client care skills.
– Good networking/business development skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive forward-thinking law firm with great prospects for career development, including partnership. The salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience. Benefits include; 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension, agile working and a great work life balance.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.