Legal Secretary required in Newcastle upon Tyne
Well-established law firm requires an experienced Legal Secretary to join the team based in Newcastle. Supporting the Fee Earners, responsibilities will include:
• Working for multiple fee earners in a few areas of law (commercial property, family, litigation, private client and employment law),
• General typing of letters and documents,
• Preparing forms for court,
• Preparing indexes and bundles for court,
• Creating paying in slips and requesting cheques,
• Processing client documentation,
• Answering the telephone, forwarding calls to fee earners and/or taking messages as appropriate,
• Checking ID, AML searches, Name Searches, Media checks etc,
• Opening files for new clients,
• Closing file and making sure accounts are clear,
• Preparing clients monthly bills from matter listing and sending out to clients,
• Provide cover for other secretaries’ holidays and absence,
• Franking of post.
You will need:
• At least 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary.
• Experience of working in at least one of these areas: commercial property, family, litigation, private client or employment law preferred.
• Excellent IT skills; experienced in Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook etc.
• Good professional telephone manner.
• Able to work well as part of a team and used to working in a busy fast-paced office environment.
Our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, hybrid working, life insurance, 25 days holidays and holiday purchase scheme. Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am to 5.15pm with 1 hour for lunch (36.25 hours). The Newcastle office is minutes walk from the train station in Newcastle. Happy to consider part time candidates too; minimum 4 days per week.
Fantastic progression opportunities and a great place to work & they pride themselves on their work/life balance, client care etc.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.