Conveyancing Assistant required in Leeds
Well-established law firm based in Leeds city centre are seeking an additional Conveyancing Assistant/Secretary to develop and expand their existing team. Duties will include:
- Opening files and preparing the necessary paperwork for the clients.
- Administration of all post completion procedures to include making Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns submission and service of notices relating to assignments and mortgages of leasehold property.
- Closing of files, filing, storage and retrieval of client’s papers and files, storage of deeds.
- File management – file notes, emails, updating case management system, dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Typing and word processing, photocopying, filing and scanning.
- Updating clients with progress of their matter and responding to enquiries from clients, the other
side, estate agents, referrers, lenders and other third parties in writing, in person or via telephone.
- Request searches, relevant documents, redemption statements, deeds and required information
- from the Land Registry, Search Providers, lenders.
- Managing fee-earner’s emails in their absence.
- Provide quotes to prospective clients.
- Draft transfer deed and replies to requisitions.
- Prepare for exchange of contracts.
- Prepare completion statements, bills and set the file up for completion.
You will need:
- At least 2 years experience of assisting on a caseload of the full range of residential conveyancing matters, mainly sales and purchases, as a Secretary or Conveyancing Assistant.
- High standards of client care.
Good teamworking skills.
- Excellent IT skills and case management experience.
Our client offers an attractive salary package, including; 24 days holidays, contributory pension, agile/flexible working and enhanced package for both maternity and paternity leave.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.