Commercial Lawyer 5PQE+ required in Durham
Award-winning law firm in Durham seeks an additional Commercial Lawyer for their busy and growing corporate and commercial team to handle complex projects regionally and nationally.
Caseload will involve advising on a range of complex and high-value commercial transactions many in the technology sector, covering intellectual property, software development, software licensing (including cloud), and data protection, as well as others of a more general nature including terms of online and offline business, distribution and agency and franchising.
The team provides advice to businesses of all sizes including start-ups, established SMEs, public limited companies and large public sector organisations.
The team regularly win and are shortlisted at leading regional award events and ranked in the top 5 in terms of deal activity (by volume of deals completed, Experian 2022). All lawyers within the team are trained and work collaboratively to provide services around all aspects of the engagement and this is reflected in the quality of work that they undertake.
You will need:
They are seeking an experienced Commercial Lawyer with minimum 5 years PQE working at another commercial law firm.
Candidates with experience in the technology sector working on information technology, software and IP agreements would be highly desirable.
You will also need to be:
• pro-active in terms of managing your workload and continual development of your own legal skills;
• possessing excellent organisational skills;
• possessing excellent drafting skills;
• demonstrating exceptional attention to detail;
• demonstrating strong communication skills and an ability to work and build relationships with colleagues, clients and the wider professional community and
• an ability to supervise and train junior members of the team.
• An existing professional network would be beneficial but is not necessary.
Benefits will include;
• a competitive salary, in line with experience;
• bonus scheme;
• flexible working and working from home options;
• a published career path for those looking to progress;
• a staff benefits package which includes: -a pension salary sacrifice scheme
• additional holiday scheme
• death in service benefit
• free on-site parking
• health cashback plan, and
• a generous contribution to the staff pension scheme.
Job ID: BH3351
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.