Our client requires an additional Solicitor for their Clinical Negligence Department based in Leeds.
Our client is a top 100 national law firm, providing high quality commercial legal advice to clients in the public, private and third sectors. They are highly ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. They require an additional Solicitor for their Clinical Negligence Department based in Leeds. They have 2 teams;
- The Claims team is highly regarded for its work acting on behalf of NHSR, NHS Trusts and other providers in the defence of clinical negligence and medical malpractice cases;
- The Medical law team acts for NHS Trusts, other NHS bodies and other providers in a wide variety of non-claims matters including inquests, Court of Protection proceedings, judicial reviews and general ethical and medico-legal advisory matters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Managing a caseload of litigated and pre-litigated matters including high value, complex claims, for NHSR and Insurers.
- Building up experience of and expertise in medical law work.
- Supporting the Partners and Senior Associates with casework, business development and projects.
- Developing relationships with NHS and insurer clients.
You will need:
- Experience in clinical negligence (a minimum of 1 years PQE) and medical malpractice work
- A keen interest, if not direct experience in, non-claims medico-legal work
- Strong communication skills with a professional approach to work
- Confidence in working directly with clients
- An ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- An aptitude for drafting and legal analysis
- A keenness to work collaboratively with colleagues at junior and senior levels
- An interest in business development.
Competitive salary package including; 25 days holidays + statutory, contributory pension, PMI, PHI, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.