Our client, one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, are seeking an experienced Property Solicitor, around 5PQE, to join their award-winning Property team handling residential development matters, based in Leeds city centre.
Our client, one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, are seeking an experienced Property Solicitor, around 5PQE, to join their award-winning Property team handling residential development matters, based in Leeds city centre. You will be working with some of the UK’s largest developers and home builders. The role incorporates a broad range of residential development work for house builders, landowners and registered providers, including site acquisitions and disposals, funding documentation and infrastructure agreements.
You will be expected to assume a lead role on residential development and related matters providing clients with practical, commercial and expert advice, guidance and support and likewise to other colleagues and to contribute to business development and to the general growth of the department.
- Dealing with site acquisitions, options and similar;
- Undertaking title investigation and other due diligence work, including some complex site assemblies;
- Dealing with disposals of land, affordable housing and freehold reversions;
- Dealing with legal documents associated with the development process e.g. easements, infrastructure agreements, licenses etc;
- Dealing with the setting up of management schemes and plot sales documentation in relation to the sale of new build properties;
- Providing support to colleagues within the Unit and in other associated teams e.g. Plot Sales;
- Attend departmental meetings, seminars and other functions as required by Head of Unit;
You will need:
A qualified Property Solicitor (or equivalent) with at least 4 years’ PQE;
- Proven experience of commercial property and/or development work, with strong technical expertise and up-to-date knowledge.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the house building sector preferred but not essential for the right candidate;
- An ability to demonstrate proven commercial acumen;
- A team-player with a desire to become part of a highly regarded sector-focused team; Target driven with a proven record of achieving demanding fee-earning targets and effectively managing WIP;
- Good social skills, with willingness to engage in business development activities;
- Strong commitment to client care, with proven experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, contacts etc;
- Well organised and methodical approach to work, used to digital dictation and competent with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professional and personal standards and experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others.
Competitive benefits package including 25 days holidays + bank holidays, contributory pension, travel assistance scheme, healthcare, life assurance and bonus scheme.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.