Well-established law firm require an additional Paralegal for their PI department based in Pontefract.
Well-established law firm require an additional Paralegal for their PI department based in Pontefract. You will assist on a caseload of the full range of RTA, EL and PL matters.
Duties will include:
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete court forms.
- Liaising between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms and preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
You will need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a PI Paralegal is required,
- Experience of RTA and the MOJ Portal,
- Experience of EL matters advantageous,
- Excellent client care skills,
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills,
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Good team working skills.
Competitive salary package including 23 days holidays plus bank holidays and company pension.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.