Employment Law Paralegal required in Newcastle upon Tyne
Leading commercial law firm based in Newcastle require an additional Employment Law Fee Earner to join their dynamic team in Newcastle. The successful candidate will be given responsibility to work on non-contentious employment matters such as preparing and drafting new contracts and policies and providing corporate support, as well as advising clients on a wide range of employment / HR related matters and also, at the same time, be required to work with the Partner and/or Associate on contentious matters on behalf of Respondents and Claimants; and also have responsibility for managing their own claims on behalf of clients.
Responsibilities will include:
• Drafting contracts and policies.
• Settlement agreements.
• Unfair/Wrongful dismissals.
• Tribunals/Employment disputes.
• Discrimination cases.
• Corporate support.
• Meeting financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording.
• Work on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
• Work effectively alongside the other members of their department.
• Build client and internal communication skills and file management as well as the ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
• Demonstrate capability in working on a full and challenging case load/ files.
• Participate in marketing activities and cross sell the services of the departments.
• Provide coaching and supervision to secretaries maximizing their performance and development.
• Build, maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners.
• Keep up to date with developments in the law and ensure knowledge management requirements are fulfilled.
You will need:
• At least 12 months experience as an Employment Law Paralegal; handling or assisting on a caseload of employment law matters – contentious and non-contentious.
• High standards of client care.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• To demonstrate excellent client and internal communication skills.
• File management experience using Liberate would be an advantage.
• An ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
Our client offers an attractive salary, 9.00 – 5.00 Monday – Friday, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Healthcare and benefits package.
Both full and part time applicants will be considered.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.