Well-established North Yorkshire law firm require an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Wills and Probate department based in York.
Well-established North Yorkshire law firm require an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Wills and Probate department based in York. They are a reputable firm, with high standards of client care and are passionate about developing their staff, being both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited. The Wills and Probate department specialise in numerous transactions including: drafting and creating wills, administration of estates, completing all legalities and tax issues for clients, addressing any outstanding liabilities or debts. This role will provide a high level of support to the Fee Earners and will assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
Duties will include:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents.
- Attending clients both in person and over the phone and providing assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
- Taking messages, booking meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners.
- Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance – making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary.
You will need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary.
- Experience dealing with wills and probate matters is desirable.
- Experience in audio and copy typing.
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision.
- ‘Can Do’ and flexible approach and team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone.
Competitive salary package including contributory pension, life assurance, healthcare plan, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.