Our client, a well established law firm based in Skipton, require an experienced Legal Secretary.
Our client, a well established law firm based in Skipton, require an experienced Legal Secretary. You will provide full secretarial support to a Solicitor in the Litigation Team two days per week, and to other departments on a float basis, as required, on the other three days. This role entails typing (primarily digital dictation), filing, taking calls and other administrative tasks relevant to the role. All secretaries are required occasionally to cover reception, take the banking, pick up DX and take post/DX when required due to staff absences.
Candidates seeking part time/flexible hours will also be considered (4 days ideally minimum per week).
- audio/copy typing using digital dictation (BigHand),
- answering telephone, taking messages,
- liaising with clients,
- opening and closing files ,
- diary management,
- assisting with new matters, to include taking initial details of the claim/dispute, arranging appointments and passing details to the relevant solicitor for detailed advice,
- providing support to other secretaries and lawyers by picking up digital dictation or helping out with other tasks,
- occasionally covering reception/collecting or taking post and DX/banking to fill in when required by the Practice Manager due to staff absences/shortages.
You will need:
- aAt least 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary ideally in litigation/employment law/family law/litigation,
- experience of Digital Dictation and case management systems preferred,
- excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills,
- a professional telephone manner,
- outstanding organisational skills,
- excellent grammar and spelling and
- a typing speed above 60 wpm.
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience. Standard office hours are 9am to 5.15pm Monday – Friday but flexible/part time hours will be considered.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.