One of North Yorkshire’s largest and most established law firms seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family team.
One of North Yorkshire’s largest and most established law firms seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine long-term opportunities for development. They are passionate about developing their staff and are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited. They can consider this role on a full or part time basis equivalent to 4/5 days per week.
The busy Family and Child Law department focuses on matrimonial law as well as working on cases involving domestic violence. The work also covers cohabitation agreements, separation, divorce and pre nuptial agreements.
Supporting experienced Fee Earners within the Family department, duties will include;
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents.
- Attending clients both in person and over the phone and providing assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
- Taking messages, booking meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners.
- Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance – making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary.
You will need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary, ideally in family law,
- Good experience of audio and copy typing,
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone,
- To be a team player.
Competitive salary and benefits package including; 25 days holiday plus statutory, a health cash plan and a company pension scheme, fantastic staff discounts, plus more. They also provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.