Our client, one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Commercial Property team based in Leeds city centre.
Our client, one of Yorkshire’s leading law firms, are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Commercial Property team based in Leeds city centre. You will provide effective secretarial and admin support to Partners and duties will include:
- Providing quick and accurate audio and copy typing support through a digital dictation system (Bighand) and a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel etc.
- Preparing and/or producing e-mails, letters, documents and presentations in draft formats, with relevant attachments meeting required deadlines;
- Preparing the new client/matter opening forms,
- Preparing marketing and business development information, assisting in relation to seminars and presentations, preparing mail shots,
- Diary management, to include arranging meetings, conferences/seminars, booking meeting rooms and sorting refreshments, travel arrangements,
- Producing bills and other relevant financial information,
- Dealing with basic client enquiries in the absence of or on behalf of lawyers,
- Proactively manage incoming correspondence,
- Provide support to the other secretaries in the department,
- Routine administrative tasks such as faxing, photocopying, scanning and daily post duties.
You will need:
- A minimum of 4 years legal secretarial experience,
- Experience of working in commercial property,
- Proven IT skills; experience of using digital dictation and a proficient user of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and ideally an electronic document management system such as Net Docs;
- Excellent document management skills, to include use of track changes, automatic numbering and cross referencing, table of contents, scheduling etc;
- Proven organisational skills which will include organising meetings, diary management and workload prioritisation;
- Fast, accurate touch-typing speed (at least 60wpm).
Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays + bank holidays, contributory pension, travel assistance scheme, healthcare, life assurance and bonus scheme. Office hours are 35 per week – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.