Well-established law firm requires an experienced Legal Cashier on a full time basis, based in their Wakefield office.
Well-established law firm requires an experienced Legal Cashier on a full time basis, based in their Wakefield office. You will join a large team and be responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of financial transactions to facilitate the operation of the whole firm’s accounting system and bookkeeping services and compliance with the Solicitors Account Rules.
Duties will include:
- Processing client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
– Checking and posting client bills.
– Checking financial aspect of completion statements.
– Daily bank reconciliations.
– Process petty cash payments.
– Processing nominal payments.
– Processing cheques/BACS/TT/card payments and receipts.
– Preparing month end reconciliations.
– Ensuring all invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assisting with VAT returns.
– Reconciliation of Purchase ledger nominals.
– Assisting fee earners with accounting queries.
You will need:
- Experience of double entry bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, billing and disbursements, sales and purchase ledger.
- Experience of working as a Legal Cashier in a Solicitors’ firm or professional services environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- A high level of accuracy is required, together with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience plus pension, life assurance and discretionary bonus.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.