Due to expansion, reputable law firm requires an experienced Legal Cashier.
Due to expansion, reputable law firm requires an experienced Legal Cashier. The location is flexible – you could be based in Wakefield, Garforth, Sherburn in Elmet or Ossett. Will consider full time and part time hours.
Working in a team, you will be responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of financial transactions to facilitate the operation of the company’s accounting system and compliance with the Solicitors Account Rules.
Duties will include:
- Processing client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- Checking and posting client bills.
- Checking financial aspect of completion statements.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Process petty cash payments.
- Processing nominal payments.
- Processing cheques/BACS/TT/card payments and receipts.
- Preparing month end reconciliations.
- Assisting with VAT returns.
- Reconciliation of Purchase ledger nominals.
- Assisting fee earners with accounting queries.
You will need:
- At least 4 years experience as a Legal Cashier in a Solicitors’ firm.
- Good IT skills.
- Good knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Accuracy and good work ethic when in a busy environment.
- GCSE’s in Maths & English.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and be a team player.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.