Well-established law firm require an additional Paralegal for their Industrial Disease department based in North Leeds.
Well-established law firm require an additional Paralegal for their Industrial Disease department based in North Leeds. You will handle a caseload of the full range of pre litigation and post litigation Industrial Disease claims including NIHL, HAVS, RSI and respiratory matters. Matters will be a mix of fast and multi-track claims.
Duties will include:
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete court forms.
- Liaising between clients and experts and between clients and with the other side as requested.
- Preparing standard legal forms and preparing and filing court documents
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
You will need:
- At least 1 – 2 years experience of dealing with Industrial Disease litigated claims, preferable from a claimant background but Defendant experience will also be considered.
- Experience in dealing with multi track litigation claims.
- A good understanding of CPR rules.
- Experience in negotiating.
- History of working to and achieving cost targets.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills,
- Good attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Good team working skills.
Competitive salary package including 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, free parking and bonus scheme. Office hours are 9am – 5pm.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.