Well established commercial law firm based in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne require an experienced Legal Secretary for their busy Corporate and Commercial team.
Well established commercial law firm based in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne require an experienced Legal Secretary for their busy Corporate and Commercial team. This is a full time role – 35 hours per week. Hours 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday.
- Providing full PA/Secretarial support to busy partners and fee-earners
- Answering and re-directing calls
- Dealing with all related correspondence and documentation utilising a case management system
- Extensive diary management – using different time zones for international clients, creating itineraries and circulating appropriate documentation.
- Booking training and organising travel arrangements
- Dictation – Minute taking and audio typing as required
- Production of letters, emails, documents, invoices and other legal documentation
- File/Matter management including file opening, drafting engagement letters, terms of business, funding agreements, undertaking file closure, auditing files
- Proof reading all correspondence and business material before it leaves the office
- Assisting with billing preparation, invoicing and assisting fee earners with client accounts and first stage debtor correspondence
- Carrying out Companies House searches
You will need:
- At least 2 years experience as a Legal Secretary / PA
- Experience within a Corporate/Commercial team preferred
- Accurate typing, speed 65wpm+
- Experience working in a team of busy fee earners
- Exceptional communication skills with accurate spelling and grammar
- Awareness of client confidentiality, information security and data protection
- Highly organised with the ability to successfully multi-task and prioritise workload, manage own time effectively and take ownership of projects and tasks
- Technology minded to make tasks and processes more efficient
- Proactive and able to think ahead of each task
- Pre-empt the Partners/fee earners needs and be one step ahead
This role offers a competitive salary, healthcare package, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.