Due to expansion, an additional Conveyancing Paralegal is required for well-established law firm in Newcastle.
Due to expansion, an additional Conveyancing Paralegal is required for well-established law firm in Newcastle. You will join their growing conveyancing department assisting experienced Fee Earners with a busy caseload of the full range of conveyancing matters; sales, purchases, remortgages and New Build matters.
Duties will include:
- Corresponding with clients and/or other law firms to progress clients file to completion, including setting up the completion in-house
- Ordering property searches
- Submitting Property Reports and local authority searches to client
- Applying to Land Registry to register completed documents
- Submitting forms to the Help to Buy Scheme
- Ascertaining a clients’ source of funds in accordance with AML requirements
- Responding to Requisitions when raised by HM Land Registry
- Obtaining office copy entries from HM Land Registry and sending to opposing solicitors together with protocol documents
- Dealing with part exchange files and sale enquiries on related sale files.
- Undertaking Priority and Bankruptcy searches on HM Land Registry website
- Liaising with Mortgage Lenders and Help 2 Buy to ensure progress of files.
You will need:
- At least 2 years experience as a Conveyancing Paralegal/Assistant or Conveyancing Secretary,
- Experience of New Build matters would be advantageous but not essential,
- Good IT skills,
- A professional manner with clients and colleagues,
- Experience of case management systems advantageous,
- To be a team player.
Our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus. Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am to 5.15pm with 1 hour for lunch (36.25 hours).
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in this role or any of our other vacancies? Refer someone to us whom we successfully place in a new role and you will receive a £100 Gift Voucher. Full details here.